Sunday, April 29, 2007

Cookbooks galore

Two or three days ago the phone rang. That's no difference in anything. But it was the call that mattered.
Mom answered it. When she got off it, though, she said, "Lucie, you have one hold in at the library!"
At first I was confused. But then I realized what that had meant, and I squealed for joy. It meant that the library had just called, and How To Boil Water: Life Beyond Takeout, after ten weeks of waiting, had finnaly come in.
We didn't just get up to go and get it, though. We were doing things and busy. When my Dad came home from work, I told him it was finnaly in, because I knew that he would be excited too, after listening to me complain for ten weeks.
He then said, "What? It's in and you haven't got it yet? We're going right now."
So we went. I got How To Boil Water, '1001 things everyone should know about the Universe', 'The world book of Math: volume 2' and 'The bookclub cookbook'.
The next day we went to the other library near us and I got out a TON of kitchen design books and cookbooks. The reason we went there is because I had to get a novel by Louisa May Alcott, and it was not at the other library. I gotta go,
Lucie

2 comments:

Annie said...

How to boil water is a good book :)

Annie

Ian Dewey said...

It's about time it came in!