Sunday, March 11, 2007

Is it really Lovely to look at? I think so!


I was watching a movie called Roberta (1935) with Fred and Ginger in it. Well everywhere I go online says that one of the songs they danced to in that movie was to the song, Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, so I watched the movie to see it. I hadn't seen that movie in a while and I was dieing to see that dance. I couldn't remember it. . .
Well, there was a reason I couldn't remember the dance. As I was watching the movie, I remembered that there was a dance in the end, but I didn't recall it being to the song Smoke in your eyes. That song was in the movie, though. Irene Dunn, the love interest of a different actor in the movie (not Fred) sang it about half way through.
As we got near the end of the movie, Irene Dunn came out again and started singing another song called Lovely To Look At. The song continued to be played by the orchestra (band- whatever you might want to call it) and Fred and Ginger came out and started to dance. So, they didn't dance to Smoke, but ended up dancing to Lovely To Look At, though at the very end after Fred and Ginger finished dancing, and the 'The End' came on, it started playing the very end of Smoke Gets In Your Eyes. Weird!
Here's a picture of Fred and Ginger dancing to Lovely To Look At!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Ian Dewey said...

I wish I could dance like Fred Astaire. Just for the fun of it. =)

Annie said...

Sorry. I will leave more comments. I just don't want to hurt your feelings about saying something. I don't really like that dress. I don't like silk dresses that much.

Annie :)

Annie said...

Here is another comment

annie

Annie said...

Oh by the way I do read all of your post that you do so believe me please please please please please please please please please please please please please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

ANNIE :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!