Saturday, July 08, 2006

HI HI HI

Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers

Dear Readers of the world:
I'm currently reading an autobiograghy of the famous '30s and on American dancer, Fred Astaire! If you go to wikipedia.com or google.com and enter his name, you can find out a lot of interesting facts, and maybe see a few of his movies with Ginger Rogers.
Now, I know this blog is about books, but I'm gonna tell you how I started watching Fred's movies. It all started with my friend Hannah.
She said that she was interested in taking a dance class for tap and jazz dancing. She was doing it in a different town then she and I live in because she didn't wish to see all of her friends because they had been taking dance class for years and she didn't want to make a fool out of herself.
So, she asked me to join her. After much hesitaion, I did.
I didn't really like the idea of tap dancing, because I didn't think that making noice on the ground would do me any good. I soon learned it was much, much more then noice.
I was really going for the Jazz class. I thought that sounded fun.
Soon after I started dancing, I loved it. My Dad got out for me, singing in the rain, with Jean Kelly and Donald O'Conner. I loved it.
Then he got out, Top Hat, with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in it. The story was weak, the dancing was great, and some of the people were annoying. I had seen Fred and Ginger in a biograghy of Irving Berlin, a song writer from the same period in time, who wrote the first song I danced to in dance class (Alexanders rag time band).
Well, I really liked the dancing in Top Hat, and I simply loved Fred A., even though I kept forgeting his name at first, so we went on the watch another one of they're movies, Follow the fleet.
That was a little better. But since I liked Fred and Ginger so much, we watched all ten movies.
And a great ten movies they are, and always will be.
I love Fred and Ginger's chemistry together. Thats probably what kept me watching them for so long.
Lucie

3 comments:

Annie said...

Thats great !

Annie

Monkeybaby14 said...

wow lucie! Sounds really kool! Is that the dance class you take on tuesday? just wondering?>

-sarah*

Lucia said...

Yep, thats the one!
Lucie-